M8PRE - Overview
The M8 is a pre-amplifier without limits. From its performance to its connectivity, via quality fit and finish, the M8 makes a superlative centrepiece for almost any system.
The M8 has a wide array of inputs including a low noise MM/MC phono stage, 2 balanced inputs (1 with home theatre bypass option), 3 line inputs (one with home theatre bypass option) and a fully configured tape in/out loop.
The M8 Pre-amp has very high input overload margins. This means that it has a completely stress free sound. The outputs are very low impedance and high current so that it can drive virtually any power amp in existence through any length cable (balanced or single ended).
Technical measurements are testament to the M8’s exceptional engineering: from ultra-low distortion to virtually perfect frequency response, and ultra low noise.
The M8’s will drive any power amplifier over any length of cable. Although, obviously, it’s perfect partner is a pair of M8-700m monobloc amplifiers.
Listening to the M8 Pre with the M8-700m monobloc is quite an experience. The music is reproduced with no stress, no colouration and sense of relaxation and transparency that are music to the ears and balm to the soul.
M8 Pre-amplifier In Brief
- Genuinely fully balanced preamp
- Eight versatile inputs – 1 XLR Balanced, switchable MM/MC Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux 1, Aux 2, Tape
- Single ended and balanced outputs as well as a fixed output for tape record
- Home theatre bypass available in both single ended and balanced inputs
- Outstanding cutting edge performance
- Amazing load driving ability, will easily drive any power amplifier with any cable of almost any length
- Excellent design, he-man build quality
M8PRE - Specifications
- THD(+ noise) - single ended: <0.005%
- THD(+ noise) - XLR Balanced: <0.004%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >118dB ‘A’-weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 5Hz to 100 kHz
- Inputs 2 x XLR balanced line level (1 with home theatre bypass)
- 5 x RCA / phono line level (1 with home theatre bypass)
- Trigger in
- 1 x RCA pre out
- 1 x XLR balanced pre out
- 1 x RCA fixed out
- Trigger out
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 162 x 400
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 17 kg / 23 kg